In this step, we look at the possible solutions to see which ones best live up to the values that are most important:
- List the highest priority values (from Step 4) in the top row.
- Choose some of the options brainstormed (from Step 5) and list them in the first column.
- For each box in the resulting grid, systematically discuss how well the option in question lives up to the value in question. If an option’s consistency with a value depends on some other factor, make these contingencies explicit.
Tips For Success
- Choose options that appeal to the group, but also one or two that at first glance don’t look very good.
- When doing this as a group, put the list of prioritized values next to the list of possible options (flipcharts are helpful for this).
- Then pick an option and go through each of the prioritized values asking, “How well does this option live up to this value?”